Thursday, October 25, 2018

Inquiry 2018

This year I have taken a look at student engagement for my first attempt at a formal inquiry project.

A brief overview of what I have done:

  1. Recognised the need to improve in this area (feedback from HOD + students + own reflections)
  2. Sourced outside ideas from a range of sources (teachers from other schools, some literature, PD days)
  3. Trialed different strategies and reflected on them with ongoing attempts to improve the implementation of these strategies
  4. Have students complete surveys to gather feedback on the effectiveness from their perspective. Gather feedback from colleagues. Reflect on my own observations about whether these strategies have been effective
  5. Decide which strategies to keep and how I can further improve in coming years.
This is still an ongoing inquiry as I'd like to continue to improve in this area - particularly with more difficult students to manage.