- A partner for appraisal conversations and accountability/encouragement
- Which of the 8 standards to focus on
- An idea for teacher inquiry
For 1. I am working with a colleague from Middle School (Greg) to get a different perspective and to learn from someone I don't typically interact with regarding classroom operations.
For 2. I am interested in two areas: Learning Focused Culture (LFC) and Te Tiriti o Waitangi Partnership (TTOWP). LFC because I've been on a bit of a journey the last few years of trying to understand student engagement better and I'm keen to continue to build a positive sense of learning being rewarding in my classroom. TTOWP because I've been keen for a while to develop my Te Reo and I have an online course that I would like to take a look at.
Having missed the last part of the meeting, I may need to modify 2. if it turns out I have misunderstood the directive.
For 3. I have been working with a lower ability maths class this year and have found a need to create about 5 different streams of learning within the class. This is a lot of hard work and I am getting rather burned out by it, so I'm keen to find efficient ways of differentiating the learning. Unfortunately, it seems that differentiating the assessment (rather than the learning) is driving this so far, but I will write some reflections on that at a later time. Differentiated learning also seems to be largely project based, but I might be able to modify some common tasks to suit so that we can get some of the benefit without excessive time and energy input.